Humbled

IMG_7710
I've been pretty humbled today.  Humbled through God's blessing and humbled by lack of faith.  I forgot that the God who provides for the birds of the field will also provide for us.

I had posted last night about our food challenge and though I was rallying and trying to figure out what I could come up with for the next two weeks, I was concerned.  Unlike the last challenge, our cupboards were pretty bare this time.  I had a roast but that was all the meat and were out of many things that I could use as fillers.

I held it together pretty well most of the day, but this afternoon I went next door to the church to set up a prayer area for our day of prayer tomorrow.  As I was talking to Dan I had a first class melt-down.  It wasn't pretty. I carried on about how hard it is to have no money, and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!!! I'll spare you the rest of my bratty behavior. 

Dan & I came back up to the house and I was talking to him about something when I saw a bag of oranges sitting on top of my chest freezer. I said, "You bought oranges?" He told me he hadn't bought them and then it registered that I was also looking at a basket full of apples sitting next to them.

I asked Emily where they came from and she came over with a huge smile on her face and said, "Look!" She opened the fridge and it was chock full of groceries - meat, fruit, veggies, butter, cream cheese, cheese. The cupboards were full of pasta, coffee, canned goods, etc.

While I was having a hissy fit next door in the church, a friend had stopped by with enough groceries to last us about 3 weeks! The cool thing was that every single thing that I was short on or that was depleted (such as sugar, cheese, olive oil, and pasta), she had bought. 

God used her to bless us, but he also guided her in the store because she bought things we needed without knowing it.  God is good - despite my lack of faith sometimes!  I am thankful and I am humbled.

Comments

  1. Oh Terri,

    God is so good and loves us even when we are whiny. Thank goodness.

    We have all been there and because we serve a God of mercy and grace, He still provides exceedingly and abundantly above and beyond. You are living Eph. 3:20-21 tonight.

    I will praise God alongside you friend. Thank you for sharing your honest melt down and the humility of receiving the blessing from another. You are an example to us all.

    I so enjoy your blog, sorry I don't post as often as I feel lead.

    Hugs,
    Lisa M Buske
    http://lisambuske.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord! Such a great example of God's provision!
    May God cotinue to bless, Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is good! One of my favorite verus is "For we follow by faith not by sight" not sure where it is in the bible but I find it very fitting at times.

    Take care,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Terri! What a generous neighbor you have. God has blessed you just by putting her in this spot and at this time. God is good.....all the time.

    Thanks for sharing this wonderful story. Hopefully, it will inspire others to look around and see what their neighbor (or others) might be needing. After all, it is more fun to give then to receive.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm still in awe this morning. My freezer, fridge and cupboards went from bare to full in a flash.

    Debbi, the really neat thing is that she is not my neighbor. She lives about 14 miles away and probably drove that to go to the nearest store and then to my house. So it cost her not just $, but time to actually come and bless us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are in awe today and she is feeling so good because of what she has done. Now, you have to pass it forward....I know you do that every day. :-)

    Love,
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your honesty Terri. What a testimony and witness you are by being real about stuff. I'm so glad God stocked up your cupboards again, I love it when He works through people like that. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. God bless your friend, Terri. What a Christian example she is for all of us.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a blessing to your family...God is good!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Terri,
    Isn't it amazing the way God takes care of us? I too am learning to trust in God's provisions.
    XXOO
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live