Slow Down & Live in the Moment

IMG_7965


I'm leading a ladies book study of my friend, Elaine Miller's book, We All Married Idiots: Three Things You Will Never Change About Your Marriage and Ten Things You Can.  We are on chapter four which is entitled, "Loosen Up!"  The ladies and I talked about ways to be less uptight and more fun-loving.  

IMG_7962

I struggle with this.  I am wound tighter than a top sometimes.  I tend to allow myself to fly off the handle at very little things.  Then my home becomes a war-zone, littered with the wounds that I inflicted on all around me. I'm not proud of it.

IMG_7957

Generally when I'm anxious about something, I focus on that and beware the family member who interrupts me in the midst of my worrying.

Yet, I can worry myself right out of joy.  Right out of happiness.  Right out of living in the moment.

Photobucket

Ann Voskamp had a quote on her blog this morning (her blog, A Holy Experience is on my sidebar).  She said,"In hurrying for more happiness, you can hurry right past it."   This is true in my life.  I race through my day with break-neck speed and race right past the little moments that could bring me peace.  I race past the joy.  Race past the happy moments.

IMG_7949

So today, I want to slow down.  Breathe.  Enjoy the moment.


IMG_7956

Comments

  1. I loved Ann's post yesterday. The pictures were so beautiful and peaceful. You have some great pictures too.

    Enjoy your week-end.
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just love this time of year, and love your blog too, sorry I have not been around much, trying to get back into the swing of blogging again, and visiting all my favorite blogs too. Have a great Saturday, and such a beautiful fall day here in Georgia. Hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.