Friday, November 30, 2012

Crafty Things

Photobucket

I've been busy crafting the past few weeks, but keep forgetting to post them here.  Everything but the cards are in my Etsy shop.  Now, I do have a question for you Etsy sellers.  Do you find that you get many sales?

I get maybe a few hits a week.  In the past nine months since I opened it, I've had 7 sales and 5 of those sales were from people who know me "in real life" or from reading my blog.   Or what inevitably happens is that I post it on Etsy and also on the facebook page I created and then someone on facebook will want to buy it.  Since I have to pay a fee each time I post it on Etsy, I'd almost be better off just posting it on the facebook page.  

 I'm starting to feel like it's a lost cause to keep trying to sell on Etsy.  What do you think?  

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or maybe I'm not doing anything wrong.  I don't feel like I can price things any lower because then I might as well give it away for free.  For example, it takes me an hour to make a fully lined apron.  I charge $20.  If it is costing me anywhere from $10-$13 for the material, then I'm basically making $7-$10 per hour.  Whoopy-dee-doo!!  

I'd love some feedback!

Anyway, here are my latest creations.

2 tote bags.
IMG_8314

Untitled

A table runner. (needs to be ironed).
IMG_8359


Some cards.
IMG_8370

IMG_8365

I've also been working on table favors/decorations for a ladies Christmas tea I'm hosting at church next Saturday.

What have you been crafting?  I love seeing all your beautiful crafts.