Celebrate Christmas Countdown: 12 More Days

I know I've mentioned this before but it has been such a weird year for me. The boys are growing up and are out of the house most of the time.  Lots of our traditions have changed or fallen by the wayside.   I've also been dealing with Emily's health issues.  She really is not doing so well and it's a challenge to change her diet.  

I really just haven't been in the Christmas mood lately.  I'm not moping or depressed, but it just seems like any other time of the year.

SOOOOO.....................

I decided to take matters into my own hands and start a Christmas Countdown.  There are 12 days until Christmas so I decided to do something each day to focus on the season.  To focus on Christ and His birth.  To focus on the JOY surrounding this time of the year.  These are not necessarily big things but just little things here and there.

Today, I decided to string some garland and lights above my kitchen cupboards to make things look a bit more festive.  I actually like it so much that I may keep it up there!



Emily and I have also been doing Jesse Tree devotionals each day and then hanging a corresponding ornament on a table top tree.


Ho! Ho! Ho!  :-)

Comments

  1. I like the lights above the cupboards...very festive!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lights too! Ho, ho, ho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Terri! I might just copy your idea in my kitchen! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.