Christmas Countdown: 10 More Days

IMG_8572

I skipped posting this yesterday as I was just too heartbroken over the school shooting not far from here.  It just didn't seem appropriate in the light of such senseless tragedy.  My heart and prayers went out to the parents of those little ones last night and I woke up several times in the middle of the night and prayed. 

It was a reminder to me at how quickly life can change and to take the time each day to really focus on the ones you love. 

One of things that Emily & I did yesterday was to make these paper hearts.  You can use them for ornaments, but I actually hung these in our windows to spruce up the place.

Untitled

They are quick and easy and turned out really cute.

IMG_8568

Emily is off Christmas shopping with Dan and some friends today and I'm going to be busy sewing and baking.

Comments

  1. We live about 45 minutes from Newtown. Our schools were and will be I think, in "passive lockdown".
    I decided not to put on our outside Christmas lights last night and will probably continue that until after the burial.
    I've prayed but my heart is so heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hearts are so pretty and would look lovely hanging in a window.
    Such a sad time, we are all praying.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.