New Year's Eve

 IMG_8733

This year was our 6th year hosting a New Year's Eve open house.  Technically, this year we had moved it to Saturday, but we ended up postponing because of snow so we ended up back on December 31st.

We had 35 people here, tons of food and lots of laughter.  It was a wonderful afternoon and evening.  Unfortunately, some people were not able to make it because of the switch in dates and they were missed.

Here are some pictures of the night.

IMG_8722

IMG_8723

IMG_8746

IMG_8732

IMG_8742

Untitled

I went way overboard on the food!  People brought things to share so we had more than we needed.  One thing I will change next year is to have snack foods that I can make ahead of time.  I spent the majority of time running back and forth baking appetizers that had to be hot. 

Keepers: Bruschetta with capers & black olives, garlic & cream crostini, ziti, chili, meatballs, cheese & crackers, veggie platter & dip.

Lose: Appetizers such as mushroom puffs, spinach balls, cheese wafers, sausage swirls.  They were delicious but way too much prep time and then again, I had to constantly be baking!  Also, not so many cookies.  I made 8 different kinds and I have tins and tins of cookies left.  Others brought some so there was more than enough.

Also, the open house ran for eight hours.  What was I thinking?  Obviously, I wasn't! ;-)

Fortunately, I got a second wind during the night but that was a very long party.  Originally, I was going to do it from 5-9 p.m. as always but then I got the bright idea of making it start at 1:00 so that my extended family could come (they live about 2 hours away).  Silly me - not one of them were able to make it!

Anyway, we had a great time!   It's one of the highlights of our year.

Comments

  1. Loved looking at your pictures, Terri. It was a great party and I know you plan to change things up a bit next year.... but I bet you don't. You are a good hostess and you worked so hard to make everything delicious and festive for you guests. You will probably work just as hard for the next open house. That's how you are made. :-)


    Happy New Year.
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbi! I definitely am going to make some changes because I want to enjoy my guests and not spend the whole time cooking!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.