And Life Goes On...


First of all, I woke this morning at 4:45 and saw an eerie glow in the room.  This gorgeous sight was hovering over our back yard.  Thank you God for giving some beauty to start my day and thank you for zoom lenses that allow me to share it with you!

I have a problem.  I get so hyper-focused on things sometimes to the detriment of all other things needing my attention.  This entire weekend was spent focusing on editing the book.  I woke up at 12:30 a.m. on Monday morning and stayed up until 4:30 a.m., working on it.  Then I was back at it all day yesterday in between checking Emily's work.

Unfortunately, there were pesky things like meals and a doctor's appointment that tore me away too.

However, last night I looked around at the piles of laundry sitting in baskets.  The stack of papers on my table.  The layer of grime and dust in the bathrooms (yuck)!  Life goes on and I must focus on other things.  It would be wonderful if I could sit on a desert island and concentrate on nothing but writing.

But...

► I have a house to wrangle back into order.

► I have a daughter who would really like some attention instead of an exasperated sigh when she asks me a question or has something to tell me.

► A husband and children who would love to have a meal that I seem happy to make and serve.

► Laundry to be done.

► And the list goes on!

I also hit a brick wall with the book because I had a momentary panic, remembering that I have to get written permission from Zondervan to use Bible verses in a book for sale.  That, I discovered, will take anywhere from 4-6 weeks.  So that took of a lot of the pressure to get the book done so quickly.  I did manage to edit it and get it in print format.  So other than a re-look at each devotional and a few tweaks, I'm good to go as soon as I get that permission.

But as I said, life goes on...and today, I must focus on my house and family.

Have a blessed day!

Comments

  1. Terri, I understand completely! I do the exact same thing, and then it's like waking up to realize that everything else has been going on around you! I wish for you blessings overflowing on your book - I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you need to have a little wait, in case there is one last thing you will need to do. Of course, housework is much more exciting than writing a book.......!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful moon pic!
    Book will get done in the Lord's timing ~ ;)...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of the moon. I have tried to do that with my camera but all I get is a yellow spot and a lot of black.

    You need your rest, Terri, so pace yourself and keep your priorities in order. God, family and then writing. It will all get done when it is suppose to get done. You are just so over excited and that is what is stressing you!

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.