Giving Birth

I am giving birth again!  That got your attention, didn't it?  LOL!!!!  This time, it's not a baby, it's a book.

I have been working on a book for the past few years.  I really struggle so much with insecurity.  I've had great affirmation from people that I write well, that I have something important to share, and that I should go for it.  But I am afraid.  Afraid that someone will rip it to shreds.  Afraid that it's all in my head.  Afraid to fail.

But I decided finally to just ignore those fears and go ahead and self-publish.  I know there are so many who feel like that is not the way to go. That you'll be taken more seriously or reach a wider audience by going through a publisher.  Those fears keep bouncing around my head too. But I decided to go this way because I know if I don't do it now, it'll never happen.

Besides, I'm not setting out to be famous.  I'm content with reaching a smaller circle of people.  This is more about achieving a dream that I've had since I was a little girl.  As long as I can remember, I've loved books and I've loved writing.  I have always wanted to write a book.

And I have!



The cover is designed, with just a few touches needing to be adjusted.  I'm in the process of editing and should be done shortly because that has been an ongoing process the past few years anyway.  Then it's off to get printed.


This birth is less painful than my children's births but no less exciting!

Comments

  1. Oh this is so exciting Terri! I wish you every success with it, and so far, it looks fab! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tina! I am so excited I could just burst!

      Delete
  2. The cover makes me want to see what is inside. Do let us know when it is ready!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the goal so it is good you feel that way, Barbara. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, ooh, ooh! I want to be a part of your launch team!!! Will this be an in-print only book or will it also be offered as an e-book?

    I'm very excited and can testify that this is a VITAL topic for women today!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to check on the e-book thing, Kate. Thank you so much for wanting to help. I'm so excited!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Terri! I am so proud of you!! I can't wait to read it. I can't think of a single person who couldn't use a weekly shot in the arm of encouragement. Thanks for meeting a need through the words God gifted you with.

    Lisa M. Buske
    http://LisaMBuske.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa and thank you for your encouragement. You don't know how much watching you and your excitement about your own book gave me the push I needed!

      Delete
  5. Let us know when it is ready to buy...I'll order one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book looks wonderful, wish you every success with it.
    God bless sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats and best wishes...I hope is a great success.

    coleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been silently reading. I also come here because for many reasons, we church hop, have not found a church and I am supplementing my faith life by blogs of real people who walk with God. You are a pastor's wife and I like the way you combine your faith with your life. You do not sugar coat the problems and you are honest about it, but at the same time you praise God in all circumstances even when faith IS a choice. I would love to buy your devotional. Prayers and wishes for your success.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paula, for that encouragement! I will let every one know when the book is ready for purchase. Nice to "meet" you! :-)

      Delete
  9. How exciting! I hope you included lots of your fabulous photography!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not this time, mostly because there is no room and the cost would have been outrageous. Maybe next time! lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.