A Perfect Day

 photo 0cdfa3bd-9063-4bbb-a783-87df964b0bee_zpsa2ceeb52.jpg

Yesterday was a perfect day.  Why?

It's not as if anything exciting happened.  No earth-shattering events occurred.  In fact, it was fairly mundane.

Why was it perfect?

It was perfect because....

♥ I woke up and drew a breath.  Many will not be able to do that today. 

♥ I made three meals.  There are people who don't know where their next meal is coming from.  I have a house full of food.

♥ I turned on the faucet to take a shower, wash the dishes, run the laundry, and wash my hands.  So many in this world do not have clean, running water.

♥ I taught my daughter.  Some live in countries where freedom of education is unknown.

♥ I kissed and hugged my husband good-bye and hello.  Many lost their spouse yesterday.

♥ I surfed the internet, watched a movie with my family, turned on the lights when it got dark.  Many have no electricity.

♥ I turned up the heat when I got cold.  Some have no heat nor home.


♥ I sewed for pleasure.  Others are working in jobs they hate from sun-up to sun-down.

and finally...

♥ I went to sleep in a nice soft bed.  Many have no place to lay their head.

I am blessed far more than I ever realize and yet, I whine and fuss over the dumbest things.  I complain and feel put out over silliness.  I don't always realize how good I have it.

Yes, it was a perfect day.

Comments

  1. Terri, what a good 'take' on thankfulness this post is.
    I shall be more mindful of my day to day blessings, and thank you for bringing me into mindfulness...I love reading your bloggy thoughts,they are a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO! Come to think of it....I had a perfect day too for all of the same reasons.

    God is good.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post Terri, if only we could all have this attitude every day. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.