Friday, March 15, 2013

A Perfect Day

 photo 0cdfa3bd-9063-4bbb-a783-87df964b0bee_zpsa2ceeb52.jpg

Yesterday was a perfect day.  Why?

It's not as if anything exciting happened.  No earth-shattering events occurred.  In fact, it was fairly mundane.

Why was it perfect?

It was perfect because....

♥ I woke up and drew a breath.  Many will not be able to do that today. 

♥ I made three meals.  There are people who don't know where their next meal is coming from.  I have a house full of food.

♥ I turned on the faucet to take a shower, wash the dishes, run the laundry, and wash my hands.  So many in this world do not have clean, running water.

♥ I taught my daughter.  Some live in countries where freedom of education is unknown.

♥ I kissed and hugged my husband good-bye and hello.  Many lost their spouse yesterday.

♥ I surfed the internet, watched a movie with my family, turned on the lights when it got dark.  Many have no electricity.

♥ I turned up the heat when I got cold.  Some have no heat nor home.


♥ I sewed for pleasure.  Others are working in jobs they hate from sun-up to sun-down.

and finally...

♥ I went to sleep in a nice soft bed.  Many have no place to lay their head.

I am blessed far more than I ever realize and yet, I whine and fuss over the dumbest things.  I complain and feel put out over silliness.  I don't always realize how good I have it.

Yes, it was a perfect day.