A Worthy Cause

I have never done this in the 5 years I've been blogging, but this is a worthy cause so I thought I would post it here.

The teens in our church will be participating in a 30 hour famine through World Vision. For those of you have may not know, World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.  They work in nearly 100 countries around the world and serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.

Emily is trying to raise enough money to feed a child for a year as part of this famine.  She, and the other teens participating, as well as the youth leaders and Dan will be fasting from noon on Friday until 6:00 p.m on Saturday.   They will also be participating in a service project during this time.  I'm so proud of her and the other teens.  I know it is going to be extremely difficult for them to go that long without food (they can drink juice and water), but they are determined.

Because I haven't allowed Emily to ask anyone in our church for a donation since her dad is the pastor and because she's being home schooled, her resources are limited.  However, just through family and a few family friends she has been able to raise about 60% of her goal.  I thought that I'd help her out a bit here.

If you feel so inclined, would you consider donating a gift in her name?   She will be thrilled to be able to reach her goal by the famine on Friday and if she could even go beyond that, she'd be ecstatic.


You can find her personal webpage by clicking on this link to take you there World Vision's 30 Hour Famine Website.

Thank you for prayerfully considering this!

Comments

  1. I tried! But the site will only allow donations from within USA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you for trying, Barbara. I didn't realize that and I'm not sure why they do that.

      Delete
  2. This is so exciting for Emily! We are so happy to be able to be a part of this!

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your family just made her day! (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. My daughter participated in this last month with a friend at her church. She loved it and learned so much from it. I hope your daughter reaches her goal!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy. It's a great program and I know they are going to learn a lot. She actually did reach her goal which is wonderful!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.