Monday, April 29, 2013

Multitude Monday

I spent the afternoon in the emergency room yesterday for diverticulitis. I had a flareup four years ago and ended up in the hospital for 5 days so I recognized the tell tale tenderness in my abdomen and stabbing pain in my left side.  I wanted to get the antibiotics started right away before it progressed to the point where I needed hospitalization.

As I sat there waiting for the doctor, who was surprisingly pleasant, I realized again how blessed I am.  I am blessed by a husband who even though he was tired from spending all day Saturday fasting and spending time with 11 teenagers and a Sunday morning of preaching and visiting, willingly came with me.  I am blessed to have a soul mate who loves me.  I am blessed that I chose wisely when picking a husband.  Not growing up with a father in my life, meant it would be very easily to look for love in the wrong places.  Yet, God protected me, and provided me with a wonderful spouse!

I am so looking forward to being able to show him publicly how much I love him.  On June 2nd I am throwing him a surprise 50th birthday party, including family and friends.  He actually thinks we are having "Friend's Sunday" that day with a potluck to follow.  It was all I could do to keep from giggling yesterday morning as he made the announcement in church.  Little does he know, it will be a church full of friends, all there to show Dan their love and support!  He won't find out until the end of the service.

I'm working on a gift for him that is going to be awesome!  I can't wait to see his face.  I'll definitely be sharing it here as well.  So stay tuned for more details. :-)

This week I continue to count blessings #1581-1590 (no pictures today - my computer isn't cooperating). 

♥ Twelve teens who raised $1,900 for World Vision.

♥  A field of daffodils. 

A church family that I love.

Making my daughters favorite meal.

♥ Friends.

♥ Working on my husband's surprise and the joy that brings me.

Having children who share their thoughts, feelings and news with me.

Meeting a facebook friend "in real life" when she showed up to church.


♥ Wonderful relationships I have developed through blogging.

and finally...

♥ A selfless husband.