Multitude Monday

I spent the afternoon in the emergency room yesterday for diverticulitis. I had a flareup four years ago and ended up in the hospital for 5 days so I recognized the tell tale tenderness in my abdomen and stabbing pain in my left side.  I wanted to get the antibiotics started right away before it progressed to the point where I needed hospitalization.

As I sat there waiting for the doctor, who was surprisingly pleasant, I realized again how blessed I am.  I am blessed by a husband who even though he was tired from spending all day Saturday fasting and spending time with 11 teenagers and a Sunday morning of preaching and visiting, willingly came with me.  I am blessed to have a soul mate who loves me.  I am blessed that I chose wisely when picking a husband.  Not growing up with a father in my life, meant it would be very easily to look for love in the wrong places.  Yet, God protected me, and provided me with a wonderful spouse!

I am so looking forward to being able to show him publicly how much I love him.  On June 2nd I am throwing him a surprise 50th birthday party, including family and friends.  He actually thinks we are having "Friend's Sunday" that day with a potluck to follow.  It was all I could do to keep from giggling yesterday morning as he made the announcement in church.  Little does he know, it will be a church full of friends, all there to show Dan their love and support!  He won't find out until the end of the service.

I'm working on a gift for him that is going to be awesome!  I can't wait to see his face.  I'll definitely be sharing it here as well.  So stay tuned for more details. :-)

This week I continue to count blessings #1581-1590 (no pictures today - my computer isn't cooperating). 

♥ Twelve teens who raised $1,900 for World Vision.

♥  A field of daffodils. 

A church family that I love.

Making my daughters favorite meal.

♥ Friends.

♥ Working on my husband's surprise and the joy that brings me.

Having children who share their thoughts, feelings and news with me.

Meeting a facebook friend "in real life" when she showed up to church.


♥ Wonderful relationships I have developed through blogging.

and finally...

♥ A selfless husband.

 

     


Comments

  1. Dan is going to be so surprised! :) And how wonderful that you are think of others and count your blessings in the midst of feeling ill! Get well soon Terri! Hugs to you, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It won't be a surprise if Dan reads your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure who this is, but Dan does not read my blog! Other than email, he doesn't read this.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear that you haven't been well. Take care of yourself (as well as your lovely husband caring for you)
    So pleased that the fundraising went well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your sweet list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your doing better, Terri and the antibiotics are starting to work. You have a great husband and wonderful family. In other words, you are really blessed and that blesses me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am guessing your husband does not read your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all so I'm safe! In fact, other than checking email from time to time, he is never on the computer. lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live