Thursday, April 18, 2013

Brown, Black and White
















Note: This is a repost from a few years ago, but I still feel the same today!

Revelation 7:9-10 ~ After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice: "Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb."

Racism. 

Nothing breaks my heart like hearing fellow believers spewing hatred about other races. I'm pretty sure it breaks God's heart too. How it must sadden Him to hear His children destroying one another with their tongues. Dan & I actually had a Christian gentleman come up to us one time and say that he felt sad that his grandchildren were growing up in a country where whites were becoming the minority. :-(

I have noticed that when some Christians comment on sin in a Caucasian person, they talk about his sin. When the same observation is made about a non-white person, they will criticize their race. The sinfulness is made out to be a deficiency within the person's race. Phrases such as....

"Those Mexicans...."

"Blacks tend to...."

"Arabs are....."

This has been weighing heavily on me for a long time. There will come a day when we stand before the Lord and He calls into account our every word. There is also coming a day when we will stand shoulder to shoulder with Latinos, Africans, and Asian people. We will all be lifting up our hands and voices and praising the Father.

How terrible it would be to have face God and have to explain to Him why we chose to tear apart people who were made in His image. I used to love to sing the song, "Jesus Loves the Little Children" to my kids when they were young. Red and brown, black and white. They are all precious in His sight.

I'm actually looking forward to the day when I will worship before the throne of God with my Middle Eastern, African, Asian, European and Caucasian brothers and sisters. What a day of rejoicing that will be!