A Boy and His Car

On Saturday, another milestone was reached.   Nathan purchased his first car and Dan went to pick it up yesterday evening.  The car and insurance are in our name, but he made the down payment and is making the monthly payments.  We told him that as soon as it gets paid off, we'll put it in his name.   

He got a 2000 Honda Civic and it's in good shape with fairly low mileage.

 photo d558658f-5b03-4d71-8987-9790255c49c4_zpsf056e52c.jpg

He made me laugh today because every time I saw him, he was standing and staring at it!  He put his blue light in it, put the fire department logo around the plates, and put his gear in it.  

He took it next door to the firehouse to show it off.  He gave one of the fireman a ride who paid him $1.00 for gas.  LOL!!!!!  I reminded him that he should be paying his friends who have been chauffeuring him around for the past two years. :-)

He's happy as a lark!  He didn't even fuss when I wanted to take his picture.  Another step towards independence.

Comments

  1. My heart is so happy for Nathan, and for you, Teri!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Nathan! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful for Nathan!

    Blessings,
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made my day, he does look so happy and proud. Good for you Nathan!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your encouragement! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful day for Nathan and his parents. God is good.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  7. P. S. Maybe you should change the title of this post to a "man and his car". I know you hate to thing of that thought. xoxoxo

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live