Revived


 photo IMG_1851.jpg 

A two a.m. prayer time led to a feeling of peace and joy this morning.  I woke with a feeling of happiness and excitement for the day.  That hasn't happened in a while.  As my feet when over the side of the bed, I didn't feel dread.  As I poured my first cup of coffee, I looked forward to eagerly seeing what God has for me today.

I opened my Bible to this passage.

Psalm 19:1-7 ~ 
 
The heavens proclaim the glory of God.
    The skies display his craftsmanship.
Day after day they continue to speak;
    night after night they make him known.
They speak without a sound or word;
    their voice is never heard.
Yet their message has gone throughout the earth,
    and their words to all the world.
God has made a home in the heavens for the sun.
It bursts forth like a radiant bridegroom after his wedding.
    It rejoices like a great athlete eager to run the race.
The sun rises at one end of the heavens
    and follows its course to the other end.
    Nothing can hide from its heat.
  The instructions of the Lord are perfect,
    reviving the soul.


As the words in the last verse here say...my soul has been revived.  And it is good!

This week I continue to count blessings #1591-1607

♥ Watching mama birds on the nest.

♥ Dinner out with my family for Mother's Day.

♥ A son who knows exactly the type of gift I'd love.
 photo 58d59cc4-e343-4255-8287-432a58e938c9_zps77bb36bc.jpg

Chatting with a friend for a few hours at a craft show.

♥ Clean windows. 

♥ Stephen got a job for the summer.

♥ Praying for peace and healing and God's comfort with a friend in the hospital after a serious auto accident.

♥ Recognizing that God is greater than all my concerns.

♥ Joyful faces on Sunday.

♥ Teaching little ones in children's church.

♥ Singing with 3 year olds.

♥ A mama bird on the nest.
 photo 6b53509e-12e7-48d0-a557-f1fa05b2dc1a_zps050e6b91.jpg  

♥ Working through a conflict with my daughter.

♥ Having four different women tell me that my book is a blessing.

Foot rubs from my husband.

♥ Clean laundry.

♥ Renewed hope.

And finally....

Two a.m. prayer times.     


 

Comments

  1. Thank you for a lovely blog post, sending you hugs, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love watching mama birds, too. we just had baby pigeons hatch and we can all sit and stare at them for hours!

    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful blessings, may there be many more through-out your week! :D

    Blessings,
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  4. The warm fireplaceMay 13, 2013 at 4:21 PM

    Wonderful post, nothing like prayers in the quiet time of night.
    God bless sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful list and beautiful blog! I loved the potos you included!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful list and so happy to find bloggers who are counting the gifts. I have opened a month long link at He Care for Us http://www.janiscox.com/can-i-joy-dare-you-week-19/
    I wonder if you would consider linking your post to this list as I am trying to find all the bloggers who count the gifts of God.
    Blessings
    Janis

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.