Multitude Monday

I had a very bad week of continuing to feel ill from diverticulitis, and then developing a cold which seems to want to turn into bronchitis.  I felt down, discouraged, and depressed.  Some of it had to do with the fact that Dan has started his summer program with his secular job and that means very long hours.  It seems like most days we say a few words to each other in passing and then fall into bed at night, exhausted.

Then I have a list a mile long of things I need to do to get ready for next Saturday when we will be renewing our wedding vows for our 25th anniversary.  I have guests coming for the week this afternoon and am feeling the crunch.

This weekend was community day at our town park and I was feeling overwhelmed with one more thing to do.  I had my own booth to run, as well as managing the church booth. 

However, after a week of hot, humid, and rainy weather, Saturday turned out to be the best weather of the week.  We had a great turnout at the church booth.  I got to hang out with friends for the day.  I spent time with my husband.  I was able to meet new people.  And I took time to just stop and enjoy the moment I was in.

That's not easy for me to do.  I'm always racing on to the next event.  The next item on my to-do list.  The next project.  But, I need to learn to just focus in on the moment.  And that happened on Saturday.

Even as I was snapping pictures of the fireworks, Saturday night I thought, "Put the camera away and just enjoy this."  So I did.  It was relaxing.  It was enjoyable.  I noticed little things that I would have missed if I kept trying to "capture" the moment.  Things like the coolness of the night air, the bats swooping in the sky, the feeling of peacefulness.

Living in the moment.  That is definitely something I need to do a lot more!

This week I'm thankful for blessings #1658-1670. 

♥ A third car which is making our lives a lot easier! 

♥ A beautiful park right around the corner.
♥ Summer.

♥ Lots of visitors to our community day booth.

♥ The possibility of a local store carrying some of my craft items and book.

♥ Silly friends.
♥ The smell of barbecuing chicken.

♥ Taking time to stop all activity and enjoy some fireworks.
♥ Generosity from a friend.

♥ Puffy clouds.

♥ Sleep.

♥ A new day and a fresh start.

and finally...

♥ Living in the moment.

 

Comments

  1. Living in the moment is sometimes hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I turned the big 5-0 last month, and I have realized that it takes me a lot longer to bounce back after illness or a particularly stressful period of time - I'm trying harder to be a little easier on myself, and look for opportunities to rest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.