Multitude Monday

Inadequate.  Insufficient.  Not  quite good enough.  

Those ugly feelings and thoughts rise up in me now and then.   They usually stay buried but then I'll have days or even weeks, when I feel them bubbling just beneath the surface and they'll come exploding out.  This past week was one of those weeks.

Small things would stir the pot of lies I hear in my spirit...An unkind word.  A broken promise.  A sarcastic comment.

This was a week of constantly reminding myself of who I am in Christ.  A week of prayer.  A week of telling myself that they are just feelings; and not reality.  A week of tears and heartache.  A week of crying out to God and asking Him to replace those feelings.  

To realize...

I am adequate for the task He has given me.

That He is sufficient for all my needs.

That I am unique and shouldn't compare myself with anyone.

The biggest thing I needed to remind myself of is to get my eyes off others and put them where they belong.  To stop looking to people.  To keep my focus on God.

Then I will realize my worth.

Ephesians 3:18-19 ~ And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

This week I'm thankful for blessings #1671-1680.

♥ Beautiful lights in the night sky.
 photo b6e657a9-34c1-47c1-a12e-e6e53f9fe1b1_zps17267cfd.jpg

♥ Fun with friends around the campfire.

♥ Praying for the teens going to camp.
 photo IMG_1190_zps1d0206cc.jpg

♥ A date night with my husband.

♥ An unexpected and encouraging book review of my book, Words of Encouragement for a Discouraged World by my friend, Lisa M.Buske.

♥ Emily and friends off to camp for the week.
 photo IMG_1204_zps6b1ffcf6.jpg

♥ A gift of rick-rack and lace.

♥ Babies.
 photo IMG_1198_zpsb11d41f8.jpg

♥ Meeting new friends.

and finally...

♥ I am loved.

Comments

  1. A wonderful list of blessings. You are a special person, Terri. I hope you have a good week.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.