God's Got it Under Control

Psalm 94:18-19 ~ 

I cried out, "I am slipping!" but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.

There are so many times in my life when I can focus so much on the problem or situation, that I forget the Lord is there with me. But when I focus on Him and place the situation in His hands, I feel my spirits lifting.

I struggle from time to time with some worries and anxieties.  When that happens, my jaw clenches, my shoulders get knots and usually, the diverticulitis starts to flare-up. 


When that happens I also realize that once again I am not leaving things in God's hands.  As I pray and read my Bible I begin to feel much of that stress and anxiety melt away and begin to feel hopeful again.
 

If you are like me, it's difficult to trust that God's got it under control, isn't it?  This is an area of my life that I'm working on and have a feeling it may always be something that I struggle with.  Yet, I know He absolutely works to bring about my good.

So today, I'm resting in the Lord.  As those doubts and concerns arise, I'm going to turn it over to Him and think about something else.  I'm not going to replay a situation over and over in my mind.  I encourage you too to rest in the Lord today. When you have doubts filling your mind, turn your eyes on God. Let Him carry the burden and trust Him.

He's got it under control.

Comments

  1. Yes, it's hard to trust that God's got it under control when you have been praying for a long time. I am joining you today, Terri, and resting in the Lord. Have a peaceful day
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.