Multitude Monday

Today feels like a very mopey Monday.  I didn't sleep well.  I woke up cranky.  It's raining.  And everything feels blah!

However, I know the more I continue to focus on how I feel, and on the negative things in my life, I'll just continue to spiral downhill into a major crank-fest.  So, on this rainy, dreary Monday I'm going to focus on the good things.  I'm going to give thanks for the blessings.  I'm going to be thankful no matter the circumstances.

So here goes!  

Today, I'm thankful for blessings #1737-1748

♥ A small, intimate worship service yesterday.  We were few in number but the Spirit was still there.

♥ Being able to help a friend with her party on Saturday.

♥ Seeing our church filled to the rafters for a memorial service on Saturday afternoon.  

♥ Being able to speak at a luncheon at a local church this afternoon.

♥ Just enough at just the right time.

♥ A daughter who doesn't feel well, and yet with maturity, still gets up and trudges off to school.

♥ A great Bible study on Tuesday.

♥ Meeting with a friend for fellowship and a study on Thursday.

♥ Cool weather.

♥ Affirmation.

♥ Naps.

and finally...

♥ God's perfect timing in a situation.

Comments

  1. Hi Terri, happy to "meet" you! I'm right next to you at Ann's, counting my blessings, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth! Thank you for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  2. I found your blog from the link you posted on Ann's... Thanks for sharing your gifts!! It's challenging to count on mopey days. But you did - and for that... I give thanks - for I am both challenged and encouraged. Thank you Father for Terri...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our natural desire is to complain and I have to work really hard at not doing that, especially on days like yesterday. I find when I'm obedient and give thanks, my feelings follow suit! Thank you for the encouragement. :-)

      Delete
  3. I came over from Ann's blog, and like your list of things to be thankful for. I thank Jesus for specific things before I get up in the morning, a great way to start our day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a wonderful way to start the day! It certainly helps it to get off on the right foot. It's nice to meet you. :-)

      Delete
  4. Part two; I would follow your blog but prefer a Friend Connect or a Bloglovin button, which I don't see here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried to stay away from those things, Terra, because I find that I can fall so easily into the trap of seeing how many "followers" or friends I have. I really want this blog to be something that is an encouragement to others without me worrying about how many are reading.

      Delete
  5. Should have visited you for some encouragement and "sunshine" early this AM. This has been a do nothing day for me because fall has arrived here and that means many, many cloudy dreary days ahead for us.

    I am going to be attending a Bible Study tomorrow at a different Church. I am little anxious because I won't know anyone.....but God is leading me to go there.

    Enjoy your Tuesday.
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll do fine, Debbi! Praying for you today.

      Delete
  6. "Crank-fest"....loved that, lol! Well done, dear Terri for counting your blessings again and encouraging us all to do the same. I hope you feel better within yourself today. God bless, love Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina! Yes, my day ended up a whole lot better than it started out. Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live