The Five Senses

 photo IMG_3260.jpg

Autumn brings to mind so many wonderful sights, smells and sounds.  It one of my favorite seasons and it engages all five senses.

IMG_7954 photo IMG_7954-1.jpg

Vibrant colors make a patchwork quilt on the hills.  A blanket in various shades of red, gold, orange and brown cover the arms of the maple and oak trees, who are beginning to feel a chill.

 photo IMG_8095.jpg

The sun is warm on my face and yet, the air is brisk.  It is a reminder that colder weather is on the way.  Warm sweaters feel soft on my skin.

 photo IMG_8007.jpg

The smell of dry and dying leaves mix with the distant smell of wood smoke.

 photo IMG_2872.jpg

If I pick up a leaf it crackles, crunches, and disintegrates at the touch of my fingers.  Ulike the smooth and springy feel of fresh, green leaves, it is rough and sharp.  As I walk through the woods, I hear the scamper of squirrels as they gather nuts for the winter.  I hear the swish, swish, swish of feet through piles of browness.

IMG_7988 photo IMG_7988-1.jpg

Autumn brings to mind the tartness of apples and their sweetness baked into pies.  Cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves mix together in spicy cookie goodness.

 photo IMG_2701.jpg

Pumpkins, gourds, mums and Indian corn displayed with brilliant colors.

 photo IMG_2638.jpg

I want to enjoy every moment of this autumn!

Comments

  1. A wonderful description of Fall, Terri!! I love this season too, although Spring is my favorite. Have a lovely day!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only problem with fall is that winter follows soon after. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos & words...I do so love autumn!

    Blessings,
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Terri. I love fall too.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have shown us the best of Autumn.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live