Divine Appointments


I spent the entire day yesterday at a craft fair to raise money for ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis -Lou Gehrig's disease).  The day started out with rain and mist, but by late morning the sun came out and it was gorgeous.

I only sold three books and 2 tea totes, but as I sat there, it occurred to me that it was still a glorious day!

The sun was warm and I think it was close to 80 degrees by the afternoon.  I helped contribute to a wonderful cause.

I got to spend time with one of my favorite people, my friend, Tammy.



The fall colors were gorgeous!


But more importantly, I had a wonderful conversation with a woman who purchased my book, Words of Encouragement for a Discouraged World.  She introduced me to her daughter who also has a child on the autism spectrum.  I was able to let her know about a private facebook group I moderate for parents who have children with disabilities.  We encouraged one another.

Last night and this morning as I reflected on all of this, I thought about how there are so many Divine appointments we miss in our lives.  Not because God doesn't show up, but because we refuse to look for them.  We focus on the negative or we are distracted or we are not in tune to the things of God.



Look for the little and big ways God blesses.  You may be surprised at how many Divine appointments there are when you open your eyes to see them!

Comments