It's a Sign!


Dan & I were talking the other day about how so many times in our lives God gives us signs and miraculous things to show His hand upon our lives.  So often we are looking for one major event or thing to point the way.  We want to see a huge miracle happen.  Personally, I'd love to hear a big voice coming out of heaven and telling me what I should do when I'm confused!

Yet, more often than not, God's signs come in small ways that all add up to one big arrow. Hebrews 2:4 says, "And God confirmed the message by giving signs and wonders and various miracles and gifts of the Holy Spirit whenever he chose."  If we stay quiet and alert we can often see His hand in a myriad of little ways.

Yet, we miss those things because we keep looking for a huge sign post in the sky or writing in the sand!  Or we try to orchestrate things to go the way we want.  However, when we walk intimately with the Lord, we'll begin to see the little things.  But that requires staying quiet.  It means we have to be still long enough to listen.

Sometimes the sign comes through a feeling of peace.  Other times it may be a verbal confirmation from someone.  And still other times, there will be those big signs.

If you are facing a decision in your life, be  in prayer.  Keep alert.  Look and pray that God will open your eyes to the little ways that He is showing you what to do.  Often as the pieces fall into place, you'll see how He is moving.

Comments

  1. I love when you said, "When we walk intimately with the Lord"...which means for me I am running after God through His Word. I think I sometimes want Him to shout from the sky when He has already spoken in His Word. Thanks for the post. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbows always work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice sermon, er I mean post, Terri! I reminds me of the scripture "Be still and know that I am God." Great advice.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.