Wednesday Words of Encouragement

Psalm 19:14 (NLT) ~

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

This is my prayer and longing for myself today.  I want to make sure that every word that comes out of my mouth is pleasing to the Lord.  

So I ask myself the following questions.  Do my words honor Him?  Do they edify those around me?  Do they encourage?  Do they point people to Jesus?

If not, then my prayer also is that not only will I keep my mouth closed but that my thought life would change.  Because my words truly are just a reflection of what is going on in my heart.

I pray that I would truly be a changed woman inside and out.  I pray that for each of you today as well.

Comments

  1. I have this verse memorized, Terri. Thank you for praying for us. We all need help on this because our thoughts and words can make or break someone and breaking someone is not pleasing to God.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on praying for me. I pray everyday that God will help me with my big mouth. I ask Him to help me be quiet and listen better but old habits are sure hard to break. Great post, Terri. I think I will memorize this Psalm.

    Thanks!
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.