Doing the Limbo

 http://makingmulticulturalmusic.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/do-the-limbo-at-core-creek.jpg?w=584&h=438

Remember the song and the dance, Limbo Rock?  Each time around the bar goes a bit lower and you have to lean backwards farther and farther.  If you a really flexible, you can get under a very low bar.

That's what I feel like lately.  It's been a few weeks since we told our church we are moving on and I have to say I'm in this really strange, limbo kind of world where I'm learning to be really flexible and pliant.  I'm not sure I like it, but it's necessary.

Dan & I are so proud of our church.  The initial shock and grief is wearing off.  The negativity is starting to dissipate and people are rolling up their sleeves and getting to work to do what is needed.  And that means roles and jobs are getting taken away from us. 

Trust me.  That is an excellent thing, but it doesn't mean I don't have moments of feeling unneeded or unwanted anymore.  It's so silly, I know.  It's the way it's supposed to work.  It's means we are leaving a healthy body of believers here. 

But, for someone who loves to do, I'm finding I'm in the very in between kind of place.  And my reactions are always a bit off.  Like yesterday morning when two of my children's church workers told me they planned to take over and continue it and asked about getting the curriculum from me.  I thanked them profusely but of course, I shed a few tears too.  Luckily, they love me and understand the mixed emotions.  Well, they laughed a little too and I think they secretly make fun of me when I'm not around!  ;-) 

  • This will be the first year since we've been here that I'm not decorating for Christmas. 

  • The first time, I'm not worrying about advent readings.

  • The first year that I won't be having a holiday open house.

And Dan thought I was being overly-emotional until he had his own twinge today.  But it's all good because it's showing us they will do just fine until they get another pastor.

In the meantime, we are doing the limbo and going through the process of transition.  And realizing we may get some much needed family time here and there!  

It's all good!  The limbo can be a good way to learn flexibility! :-)

Today, I'm thankful for blessings #1821- 1826

♥ Afternoon sun, adding beauty to a table.

Best friends.

♥ Operation Christmas Child Boxes.

♥ Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.


♥ A fun afternoon with a wonderful group of ladies.


and finally....

A feeling of peace in the midst of doing the limbo!


Comments

  1. Letting go, moving on...not always easy. You obviously have a good team in your church which is wonderful. Will they be having a new pastor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the plan, Barbara, but it will take time.

      Delete
  2. Change is hard, but you are doing great Terri! Make the most of the time without the responsibilities! ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what Dan keeps telling me! Focus on the house. Focus on the family. Focus on me while I can. :-)

      Delete
  3. Praying for you today.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live