Room for One More


"Come on in!"  "There's room for one more!"  

When I was in college there was an older couple that lived on campus and those were the words they  always spoke.  They made you feel welcome no matter what time of the day it was, or whether you were expected or not. They always had a crowd lonely college students in their home for dinner or games or just to spend time with them.  I always felt wanted and welcome when I was in their home.

I've tried to emulate that in my own life, though not always successfully.  As I thought about this, I realized that what they were actually saying was that there was room in their heart for just one more person.

I feel that way too!  It seems that no matter how many people I've gotten to know over the years and have learned to love, that there is always room for just one more!  That's the wonderful thing about belonging to the family of God.  There is always space to squeeze in another person to love and care about.

In just 6 short weeks we will be moving on and getting to know a new group of people.  And yet, because of technology, my family and friends are just a click away.  Our hearts will expand and make room to love on these new friends and yet, we'll never forget the old. 


I look forward to meeting new people saying, "Come on in!"  "There's room for one more!"

Don't forget that you have until tonight to enter the blog drawing.  I'll announce the winners tomorrow.  You can enter here.

Comments

  1. Yep, technology is a wonderful thing ( most of the time). That is how I met you and even though we have never talked or met face to face I have grown to love you and your family. You have encouraged me in so many ways. Thank-you for that.


    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.