Faster than a Speeding Bullet

Remember the description of Superman?  He was faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to jump tall buildings in a single bound. 

Well, that's what I'm going to have to do in the next two weeks.  We made the decision to move a week earlier and will be leaving on the 21st.  So that leaves me with just 15 more days to pack up the house!  Breathe in ~ breathe out ~ breathe in ~ breathe out.

So I'm plugging away at my list and adding to it as I think of things.

However, I'm going to continue to stay organized and write out a weekly to-do list here for the big items.  I will carry over my list from the week before so I can see my progress.

Week of 11/24-11/30/13

Finish 3 table runners - Actually, made four of these between Sunday and Tuesday.  Crazy!
Finish 2 tea cozies - Made one as well as two bread baskets and that is it folks!
Make pies & bread for Thanksgiving orders (Made 7 pies, 4 dozen rolls, and 2 loaves of Challah)
Trip to dentist  This has been postponed until Monday
Drop off items at boutique
My own Thanksgiving dinner
Set up Christmas tree - there will be a revolt if I don't have the tree.
Haircut for me
Cut Dan & Nathan's hair
Pack 6 boxes - Alas, I packed ZERO, ZIP, NADA!
Go to my sisters for the weekend - Heading out this morning 
Took car to garage to replace water pump.
Get rid of piano
Get rid of entertainment center

Week of 12/1-12/6/2013

♥ Dental appointment
♥ Fill out school papers for Emily's new school (a huge packet). Done except for the address and phone number since we need to get that in place first
♥ Take medical form to doctor for signature
♥ Help Nathan with resignation letter for his job
♥ Dan got a post office box at the new place
♥ Pack at least 10 boxes 20 Boxes!  Whoo hoo!!!
♥ Purge all the clothes in the house - bag up those going to thrift store  Emily's room & our room complete
♥ Make 2 aprons for an order
♥ Visit friend for lunch on Wednesday
♥ Visit different friend for lunch on Friday 
♥ Change the address at the post office
♥ Make cookies for a cookie swap next Saturday (They are going into the freezer)
♥ Divvy out all the computer files to different people in the church who are taking over my jobs
♥ Purge craft items that I don't use and give away.
♥ Make a phone call to see about getting services set up for Nathan in new location.
♥ Pull old dresser out of Nathan's room
♥ Call friends to get specifics on Stephen's living arrangements 

Week of 12/7-12/13/2013 (Carrying forward the things I didn't finish)

♥ Back up fabric I'm giving away
♥ Post furniture on facebook that I'm giving away  Yay, it all went within minutes!
♥ Friend's Christmas open house
♥ Go to Joann Fabric to pick up fabric for order
♥ Drop off order
♥ Drop off clothing at clothing bin
♥ Cookie swap; package cookies
♥ Set up phone & internet in new house.
♥ Take medical forms to doctor to sign for Emily's epipen & inhaler
♥ Doctor appointment to get results of sleep study
♥ Purge clothes in Nathan & Stephen's room - pack up those going to thrift shop
♥ Make 2 aprons for order. One finished and the other almost there
Pull old dresser out of Nathan's room
♥ Pull furniture that's going out of Emily's room
♥ File quarterly sales tax return for the business
♥ Take down curtains in the house, wash and pack
♥ Fill out and fax forms to get the house electric put back in the church name 
♥ File an annual report for the church
♥ Pull all clothes out of Master bedroom dressers as the furniture is going to a friend
♥ Vacuum cobwebs in the corners and on ceilings downstairs and in Master bedroom 
♥ Pack 10 boxes
♥ Figure out how to get Stephen's furniture to his new apartment
♥ Narrow down the furniture to what's going and what's being given away
♥ Fire house giving us a going away party.

I'm sure there will be a lot more but that's what's on the list so far.  

Some great news is that Dan & Nathan went up to the new church on Wednesday & Thursday and Nathan was interviewed by the fire department.  They voted him in so he is an official member of their department.  He just has to go through a few month probation period.  He loved it up there and didn't want to come back!  That is a wonderful thing.

If you see a blue flash, it's not superman.  It's ME! 

Comments

  1. This post made me smile……you're amazing!

    Coleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please remember to keep breathing, Terri! You are Superwoman, but even Superwoman needs prayers....so I will keep you in prayer from now on..
    Good news about Nathan, that must be a weight off your mind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live