An Excerpt

http://www.amazon.com/Poured-Out-Weekly-Devotionals-Encourage/dp/1492760013/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395642259&sr=8-1&keywords=Poured+Out

My new book, Poured Out, is now available on Amazon as well as my website, www.terrigroh.com.  Because the "Look Inside" feature on Amazon is not up and running yet, I thought I would print an excerpt here from the book.


I Thessalonians 5:16-18 ~ 
 
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
 
My life seems to be a constant struggle with trying to figure out God's plan.  Always concerned that somehow I'm not doing what He has called me to do.  Fearful that I’m not walking in His perfect will.
 
Should I work?  Should I stay home?  Should I homeschool?  Should my kids go to public school? Should I call this person?  Should I write to that one?  Does God want us to stay?  Does God want us to go?
 
A thousand questions shoot through my mind every day.  A thousand voices create internal turmoil and chip away at peace.
 
Yet, as I read these verses, I realize the following truth. God's will for my life is simple.  I don't think it matters to Him what I choose - work, don't work, home school, don't home school, go, stay, and on and on.  Only three small things matter to Him.  These short verses are the key to finding His will.
 
Be joyful always.  Pray constantly.  Give thanks in all.  Three small things and three things that I pretty much fail at.    Short temper, frown lines, and impatience seem to pepper my conversations lately. At times, I throw out quick little "popcorn" prayers intermittently throughout the week.  Complaining and grumbling pour out of my mouth multiple times during the day.
 
As I seek God's will for my life, I'm missing it.  His will as I plod through each day is to take my life one moment, one hour, and one day at a time.  Doing whatever task is before me that day with joyfulness, prayer, and thanksgiving.
 
It's so simple and yet, so difficult.  His will for my life today is to get up.  Determine that I will greet the day with joy.  Pray as I go through the day and face each challenge.  Then give thanks.   I am to be joyful in the mundane.  Pray as I prepare the meals, do the dishes, clean the house.  Give thanks as I explain math for the umpteenth time.  Thanks as I clean up the mess.
 
I don't need to know what He wants me to do next week or next month or next year.  All I need to do is be faithful today.  Be joyful now.  Pray this minute.  Give thanks immediately.  
 
God will take care of the rest.    It's really not that complicated, is it?
 
 
women helping women link-up

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live