Multitude Monday: Open Your Eyes


I so often spend my life racing from one thing to the next or even worse, totally wasting it by sitting in front of a screen.  There are so many precious moments than can be missed just by being unobservant.  And yet, as I follow the Lord and wish to spend time with him daily, I most often find him in those little things. 

His hand is on the small, unnoticed details.


I want to live my life to the fullest and squeeze the last little bit out of it.  Yet, many times I miss things simply because I'm too distracted to notice.  

I've been working at opening up my mind and really seeing the beauty in little things around me. 



It's there.  You just have to look. 



There are such beautiful little intricasies in life that bring joy and enrichment. 

Let's take time to stop long enough to notice them and then remember to thank the Lord for His hand in the little details.

This week I'm thankful for blessings #1961-1970

♥ A son home for a week.


♥ Daylight savings time.  The sun didn't set until about 7:15.  Awesome!

♥ An encouraging and challenging sermon.

♥ Warm hugs.

♥ The buttery flavor of sour cream pound cake.


♥ Walking with my husband.

♥ Soft, cotton yarn.



♥ A week of productivity.

♥ The beauty of rising dough.



and finally...

♥ Finding beauty in the simplicity of life.



Comments

  1. Terri,
    Your blog spoke to me today. I think it would benefit me to read it weekly. Sometimes life is so busy, I don't look at the beauty God has blessed me to see and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it spoke to you, Kathi. I get so busy at times or even when I'm not busy, I often don't notice unless I make a conscious effort. Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for your post. Life is very busy for us at the minute and feel as if God is speaking to me through you. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to the life being busy so I feel your pain! Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day!

      Delete
  3. Terri, This coincides with my daily reading in "Jesus Calling". Here is a quote from the book. "Instead of approaching the day as a blank page that you need to fill up, try living it in a responsive mode: being on the lookout for all that I am doing." Thanks for the post and the beautiful pictures.

    Have a good day and a wonderful week.
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that, Debbi. Thank you! Have a blessed day. :-)

      Delete
  4. Stopping by from Ann's. Beautiful list of thanks. Thanks for sharing. Blessings...Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Jenna. Be blessed!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the reminder. I really need to look at the beauty and blessings around me rather than dwell on things that, no matter how much I worry, I cannot change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to do, Theresa, but I think so much healthier for our spirits! Trying to leave things in God's hands is something I work on almost every day. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.