Wednesday Words of Encouragement

Untitled

How can we possibly be joyful when things are going wrong? When we are sunk deep in debt and something else breaks? When our children head down a wrong path? When our spouse is angry with us?  When our lives don't match the dreams we once had?  When the world comes crashing in?

Is true joy even possible?

Romans 5:1-5 ~

"Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love."


The key to being joyful is the hope we have in Christ. No matter how bad things are, we have hope. Hope that the Lord will work. Hope that He will provide for our needs. Hope that He will restore relationships. God's hope is the thing that sets us apart from others. We have put our belief in the One who brings hope!

So when my circumstances are bad, I can look forward to how the Lord will work in them. And that glimmer of hope is the very thing that gives me joy.

The previous chapter in Romans talks about Abraham and how he had hope and because of that he believed in God despite impossible circumstances.  He is considered righteous because of that faith and hope.  He did not weaken in his faith.  He simply believed that God would do what He said.  No doubts.  No disbelief.  Simply faith.

So this morning I want to encourage you to keep your chin up.  Keep your eyes fixed on the Lord.  Read His word and the promises found there.  You will find the joy you desire!

Comments

  1. Thank you for this encouragement. I have been down lately and I needed this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it helped, Holly! Praying for you .

      Delete
  2. Thank you yet again for a fantastic post the last few posts of yours have been like God using a megaphone to me. God bless you x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad the Lord has been using the blog to speak to people. Thank you for sharing!

      Delete
  3. Terri, I am amazed at how your words match up with my Devotions for that day. I was just reading this morning that "In this world there is tribulation but if I have Jesus in my heart I can face my problems with good cheer." I can chose to have joy or sorrow. To have sorrow is ungodly. The believer is an heir joy which no one can take away.

    God certainly is speaking to me through you and my devotions. I am convinced of that.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often find in my own life that God will speak to me about the same thing in a number of ways. I guess He tries to drive the point home! lol Have a blessed day, Debbi.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.