Wednesday Words of Encouragement

Isaiah 2:22 ~

“Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he?"

Years ago as I was going through a crisis, I felt as if I had been punched in the stomach.  Not just because of the circumstances surrounding the problem, but because people that I thought I could count on turned their back on me.

It was so hard for me to fathom that people would be unkind and callous and cruel.  It was difficult to understand how people I had counted as my closest friends dropped out of my life.  It hurt tremendously.

Yet, I was reminded that I struggle with putting my faith in the wrong place.  Instead of trusting solely on the Lord, I kept looking to people to fill my needs.  And people, being frail and human, will let us down.  I know I've let others down myself at times.

What are you trusting in today? When things are hard or you are struggling what is your inclination? Do you turn to other people? Do you grab the phone or post on social media when dealing with a crisis?  Do you try to fix whatever the problem is with things? Do you turn to food, books, t.v., alcohol when you feel down? Or is your first response to cry out to the Lord for help?

The Lord is the one who can solve all of our problems. He is the one who created us, understands us, and knows every part of our lives. He is the one we should trust in; not people or things. When you're tempted to fill whatever need you have with people, food, or things, remember to turn to the Lord to give you what you need. When you are facing a struggle, make it a habit to stop and spend time in prayer before you do anything else. Ask the Lord for His guidance.

People will fail us. They will hurt us and let us down. Why? Because they are human like us with the same weaknesses. Our trust should be in Christ alone. He alone can meet your needs.


Who are you looking to today?

Comments

  1. Thanks, Terri. I am sorry to hear that you have been hurt in the past. I can't imagine anyone turning their back on you. :-(

    We just finished up a study of Nehemiah and he is a great example of turning to the Lord with prayer in every circumstance. Trusting always that God would be faithful, forgiving and answer prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Terri, I needed to hear this right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it spoke to you, Rhonda. Hope your week is going well!

      Delete
  3. Terri, you always have the right words.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live