Beauty and the Beast

I decided not to do a Frugal Friday post today just because my brain has been unable to think of frugal things this week.  I've been thrifty and I've made my dollars stretch but I'm just not feeling it today.  Though I did have to share how excited I was to find fabric at Walmart on sale for $1 a yard!  I did get 14 yards of various types for $14 which made me very happy.
 
Okay, on to the post.
 
First the beautiful.  I don't know if it's because of the long winter we had or just the beauty of this area, but I love the summer here!  It is spectacular and there truly is gorgeous everywhere I look.
 
 
 
 
 

But now for the beast.

My garden.  I planted on Memorial Day weekend and then I couldn't get out there to pull out the weeds because I had to wait until things came up.  And then it rained every time I wanted to do it or else it was super hot and humid.  To be honest, I the reality is that I procrastinated because I hate weeding.  In fact, I kind of just avoided going out back to look at it because ignorance is bliss, right?

Well, this is what is awaiting me now.



Sigh....my poor veggies.  I guess you know what I'll be doing over the weekend.  Oh my aching back!

I hope you have a more restful weekend than I'm going to have! :-)

Comments

  1. I HATE weeding a garden too, Terri!! Yours doesn't look TOO bad. I've seen worse!!! We are getting peas here now. It won't be long for the green beans and sweet corn-yum. Have a nice weekend. I will be thinking of you weeding your garden. Hopefully you'll show a picture of your work!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live