Better with Age



Twenty-Six years ago I was a young, dark-haired woman taking a vow.  I really had no idea what that meant.   I was excited, smiled, spoke the words, "Till death do us part." yet really didn't comprehend the meaning.

Yet, as Dan and I celebrate our twenty-sixth wedding anniversary today, we have kept those vows.  Through fun times, through sad times, through mountain peaks, through valleys, through tragedy, through really hard times.

I'm so thankful that the Lord put us together.  It isn't always easy.  There are some days when I'm cranky and there are days when he is cranky (though that's very rare for Dan).  We have moments when we get on each other's nerves.  We have moments of tenderness and moments of insensitivity.

But I would never change who I married in million years.  The Lord has blended our gifts and talents and personalities together so perfectly.  Someone in both our last church and now in this church, that we really do compliment each other. 

Just like a particular wine compliments certain foods by bringing out the subtleties and flavors of the dish, we compliment each other.  We draw out each other's gifts and talents.  We bring to the light the best in each other.  We enhance one another.  I love that image!

Photobucket

So I want to say, "Happy Anniversary" to my wonderful husband.  I can't imagine life without him.  There is no one else I'd rather live this adventure with.  Just as wine gets better with age, I think our marriage has too.  As we have matured and grown, our love for each other has matured as well.

I love you, honey!

Comments

  1. A very Happy Anniversary to both you and Dan. May God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 26th anniversary to you and Dan!! You both are such kind and generous people and do compliment each other. Wishing you both many more happy years together.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Happy Anniversary to you and Dan ! Isn't it wonderful you can celebrate this special day every year! I mean every day is special for you two being together. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! God bless you on this special day!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live