Multitude Monday


"We can underline our Bibles till our pens run dry without a drop of ink splattering our lives. The self-deception slithers in when we mistake appreciation for application or being touched with being changed."   ~ Beth Moore


Tears poured down my face as I felt the magnitude of what Christ has done for me.  As I sat in the service yesterday, prayers for not only people's physical needs, but spiritual needs overwhelmed me.  I felt the presence of the Lord at that moment.

Yet so often we go through the motions.

We come to church.  We sit.  We stand.  We sing.  We say all the right things.  But our hearts are far from God.  Our thoughts are on our to-do list or mulling over what this person did or said or fixated on all the wrong things.  We squirm in our seats and start looking at our watches.  We cringe if the pastor says something We don't like or we think of a rebuttal to something we disagree with.

Yet, Christ bled and died for us.  His blood poured out for our sin. 



His flesh was torn.  His hands and feet were nailed to the cross.  His lungs gasped for air and slowly, agonizingly collapsed.  And he did this for you and for me.

I want to remember.  I don't want to play at a religious service.  I don't want to tell everyone how much I love the Lord and yet, not change the behaviors, attitudes, and words that show the opposite.

I truly want a redeemed life.  I desire to be fully engaged.  I want my life to be changed both inside and out.  

I don't want to go through the motions anymore.  I want to know that I am becoming more like Christ with my whole being.   I want to choose the right path.


For that I am thankful.

This week I'm thankful for blessings #2061-2070

2061.  The promise of good things to come.


2062.  Just listening as a new friend poured out her heart to me.

2063.  Spending time on the deck with the Lord.

2064.  A beautiful spot that my son has made for himself to commune with the Lord.


2065.  Blooming plants.


2066. Warm breezes.

2067.  Brilliant colors.


2068.  A fun birthday.


2069.  A peaceful place to live.

And finally...

2070.  God's amazing love.

Comments