"I'm bored." "There's nothing to do!"
I remember saying those words many times as a teenager and I hear those come out my own teen's mouth from time to time.
I certainly haven't said those words in a long time! I love being busy and boy, oh boy, things have picked up since the beginning of May.
In the past week I've.....
* Sewed an apron and started some curtains for a customer. I'm making 2 rooms of curtains for her, including French door panels. Love it!
* Sat through a couple of meetings.
* I am working on the order of service for the high school baccalaureate in two weeks.
* Worked on scheduling doctor's appointments for the whole family.
* Have written a skit for our district women's get together in July.
* Sat at the local farmer's market one afternoon.
* Made a couple batches of soap.
* Planted rhubarb.
* Went to a small group get together.
* Took some time to photograph some wildlife. This snapping turtle comes and lays eggs in our garden every year.
* Met for prayer with a woman in our church.
* Multiple loads of laundry, vacuuming, cleaning, decluttering, etc.
* Talked with my sons, and offered advice.
* Talked with my daughter, gave out hugs and comfort with an issue.
* Prayed, and spent time with the Lord.
* Prayed, and spent time with my husband.
* Made numerous meals, snacks, and goodies.
* Gave a sewing lesson.
* Manned the local shop that carries my craft items last night, and I'm off to spend the day there today.
Whew! I'm not complaining though. I love activity and being busy and my personality is such that I get bored with the same old, same old.
I'm definitely NOT bored!