Tuesday, June 17, 2014

To Market, To Market


Each Monday afternoon for the past 3 weeks, I've lugged myself to our town farmer's market and set up my wares.  I haven't sold a whole lot, but it's been fun!  It's a way of meeting people in our community and at the same time, trying to make a bit of extra money.


Yesterday was certainly one of my more productive days and that made me happy!  I think my new soap display helped.  Packaging and marketing are not my strong points so I'm constantly rearranging and trying new things.  I think having the samples out in front drew a lot more people over than in the past.

I did have a coat rack there last week with the aprons hanging off of that, as you can see in this photo.  The only problem I had is that we live in such a windy area with the lake that it actually blew over a couple of times.

 
This picture was from last week so I obviously made changes which I think were for the better.  Anyway, I'm open to suggestions so feel free to offer some input!