To Market, To Market


Each Monday afternoon for the past 3 weeks, I've lugged myself to our town farmer's market and set up my wares.  I haven't sold a whole lot, but it's been fun!  It's a way of meeting people in our community and at the same time, trying to make a bit of extra money.


Yesterday was certainly one of my more productive days and that made me happy!  I think my new soap display helped.  Packaging and marketing are not my strong points so I'm constantly rearranging and trying new things.  I think having the samples out in front drew a lot more people over than in the past.

I did have a coat rack there last week with the aprons hanging off of that, as you can see in this photo.  The only problem I had is that we live in such a windy area with the lake that it actually blew over a couple of times.

 
This picture was from last week so I obviously made changes which I think were for the better.  Anyway, I'm open to suggestions so feel free to offer some input!



Comments

  1. Well I left a comment earlier and then went to hit publish and my computer decided to die so not sure if it made it or not so I will try again. lol......

    I think your new soap display is perfect! The whole set up looks wonderful really so not much I would change but maybe a few decorative elements you could add if you wanted. The white set of shelves would look darling with some shelf liners made from fabric or paper. Perhaps even the kind with the cute scalloped edges or similar. You could make some bunting out of scrap fabric to hang across the outside or inside of your tent for decoration or you could even appliqué some letters on to it say something advertisement wise. (I tend to want to cover the world in bunting, its a really problem I have lol) Another thought I had was to string a close line between the poles on your tent and use clothes pins to spread out and display your lovely aprons. It could serve as display as well as decor. With the wind you might need a lower line under the top line to pin the bottom of aprons or the strings to as well, plus it would really spread them out in a way they can be seen in full, if that makes sense. All the items you make are so beautiful I really think they could sell themselves though. :-) http://drinkingfrommasonjars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manda, those are such awesome ideas! I never would have thought of that. Thank you so much!!! I'm crafty but not when it comes to displaying things. Those are wonderful ideas. Thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live