Unplugged


Sometimes you just need to unplug.  Can anyone relate to this? 

There are days when I just get overwhelmed with the sheer amount of information coming my way through facebook, email, blogs, and other media.  It just gets to be way too much.

Today is one of those days when it's just overwhelming to me.  I don't want to read "cutesy" stories.  I don't want to hear complaining about politics.  I don't want to read criticism about a variety of things.  So today I'm going to shut down the computer and just focus on my "real life."

Our church is hosting a luncheon at the local elementary school in appreciation of the staff there and I have a dish to make for that.  I need to get the bulletins done for tonight's Baccalaureate Service at the high school.  I have a house to take care of and meals to make.  I have a daughter who needs some TLC at the moment over a health issue.

I'm off to live life outside of the cyber world.  I'm going to enjoy the fresh air and dig in the dirt a bit and smell the flowers.

Have a wonderful day, blogging friends!

Comments

  1. I've spent time pondering the way life goes in the 21st century...WAY too much input to do anything about, so you (I) resort to "chillin" in front of the screen watching whatever pops up.

    The Lord tells us to "number our days aright." Good reminder!

    Lisa R.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.