Crafty Things

Photobucket
 
 
Pearl S. Buck ~
 
“The secret of joy in work is contained in one word – excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it.”
 
I haven't done a Crafty Things post in a long time so thought I'd share some of what's going on in my home.  As I was sitting outside this morning, having my time with the Lord, I also reflected on how much I love what I am doing. 
 
I enjoy creating and sharing it with others.  And because I enjoy it so much, it doesn't seem like work.  The better I have gotten at what I do, the more I enjoy it.  So when I came across this quote this morning, I thought it was perfect!
 
I decided that I wasn't going to make any more aprons until some of what I had in stock sold.  There is a local antique store that also carries gift items from various vendors.  I have my items there and I also bring them every Monday to the farmer's market, as well as selling online.  Someone stopped by the market the other day and purchased four of my aprons so now I have an excuse to make some more! :-)
 
I also repackaged my soap to make it more attractive, as well as giving me more space on my tables at the store and market.  I love it! 
 
 
I have really enjoyed learning to make soap and have it down to a science now.  I currently have 17 different types of soap curing in my kitchen!
 
I also replenished my stock of note cards.  Another local store contacted me about carrying them so I'll be bringing some samples over there today.
 
 
 
 
 
The nice thing about everything I make is that nothing goes to waste.  If I don't sell it, then I can use it for gifts or for my family.  But I love being able to be home and manage things here and yet, still help contribute financially.
 
Another exciting development is that I got approval from the New York State Department of Agriculture to sell breads, jams, jellies and two-crust pies.  So for the next market on Monday, I'll be bringing some of those too.
 
I feel very blessed to be able to do this and there is joy in working with your hands!

Comments

  1. Your soap looks so lovey presented in that way. I'm going to look in your shop and hope there might be some cards to order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara! I didn't put any of these in my Etsy shop because I'm keeping them to the local stores. You would pay more for shipping to the UK than it would cost you for the cards. I cannot believe how expensive the cost to mail something has become and especially overseas.

      Delete
    2. Well, I'll tell you what. Let me get through my very busy weekend and then I will put some in my Etsy shop. Thank you, Barbara!

      Delete
  2. I know, Terri, but they are so lovely and so unlike anything I can get here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live