Thursday, July 10, 2014

Crafty Things

Photobucket
 
 
Pearl S. Buck ~
 
“The secret of joy in work is contained in one word – excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it.”
 
I haven't done a Crafty Things post in a long time so thought I'd share some of what's going on in my home.  As I was sitting outside this morning, having my time with the Lord, I also reflected on how much I love what I am doing. 
 
I enjoy creating and sharing it with others.  And because I enjoy it so much, it doesn't seem like work.  The better I have gotten at what I do, the more I enjoy it.  So when I came across this quote this morning, I thought it was perfect!
 
I decided that I wasn't going to make any more aprons until some of what I had in stock sold.  There is a local antique store that also carries gift items from various vendors.  I have my items there and I also bring them every Monday to the farmer's market, as well as selling online.  Someone stopped by the market the other day and purchased four of my aprons so now I have an excuse to make some more! :-)
 
I also repackaged my soap to make it more attractive, as well as giving me more space on my tables at the store and market.  I love it! 
 
 
I have really enjoyed learning to make soap and have it down to a science now.  I currently have 17 different types of soap curing in my kitchen!
 
I also replenished my stock of note cards.  Another local store contacted me about carrying them so I'll be bringing some samples over there today.
 
 
 
 
 
The nice thing about everything I make is that nothing goes to waste.  If I don't sell it, then I can use it for gifts or for my family.  But I love being able to be home and manage things here and yet, still help contribute financially.
 
Another exciting development is that I got approval from the New York State Department of Agriculture to sell breads, jams, jellies and two-crust pies.  So for the next market on Monday, I'll be bringing some of those too.
 
I feel very blessed to be able to do this and there is joy in working with your hands!