A Heart of Wisdom



I faced a dilemma this week.  My inlaws were coming for a visit on Saturday and were staying through this morning.  They wanted to go to the 1,000 Islands yesterday since my mother-in-law had never been and they specifically wanted to go on  boat tour of the islands.



The dilemma came because Mondays are also the day of the farmer's market I participate in and I knew that this particular one was going to be well-attended.  It's National Farmer's Market Week and there were a lot of extra activities to draw people out.  So I decided that I was going to stay behind and attend the market since I would probably do well.



However, I began to feel torn and the thought that kept going through my mind was, "When I look back on my life am I going to regret not selling things at the market or not spending time with my aging inlaws?"  So I ended up forgoing the market to go off on an adventure and I'm glad I did.



Psalm 90:12 (NLT) ~

Teach us to realize the brevity of life,
    so that we may grow in wisdom.



As I get older I'm beginning to put things in their proper priority and perspective.  I'm realizing that "doing" isn't as important as "valuing."  I'm not always successful, but am getting there.  My inlaws are in their 70s and may be with us only a few more years.  My mom and step-dad are that age as well and I don't want to regret not spending enough time with them.

My desire is to continually grow in wisdom! :-)

Here are some pictures of the day.
 

 
 

 



I think the smiles on my in-laws' faces says I made the right choice.


Comments

  1. You made the right choice, Terri!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.