Attitude Adjustment

How is your attitude today?

My focus in life has been on doing things well.  Whatever comes my way, I want to do it to the best of my ability.  Whether it's managing my home, doing a project for my husband, working with children in the church or running my own business. 

Ephesians 9:10 ~

Whatever you do, do well. For when you go to the grave, there will be no work or planning or knowledge or wisdom.


 
 
But sometimes I need an attitude adjustment.  I can get overwhelmed, annoyed, irritated and complaining about the things in my life.  I love the verses that talk about working for the Lord, because the reality is that everything we do is for Him.  When I have that perspective then it changes how I approach all I do in my life.

Colossians 3:23-24 ~

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know you will receive an inheritance as a reward.  It is the Lord you are serving.


It may be just preparing a meal for my family.  It may be typing up something for Dan.  It may be lending an ear to someone who needs to talk.  It may be writing out bills for my shop.  Whatever it is, when I have a kingdom perspective, my attitude changes.



When I forget that and start grumbling, complaining, and begrudgingly doing things, it's time for an attitude adjustment.  God has given me the very breath I take.  Can I give Him any less than my best?

Romans 12:11~

Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.



As you go through your day today, keep that perspective.  Try it and I think you'll find that your attitude does adjust to one of gratitude and praise!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.