First Day of Autumn



Yesterday was officially the first day of autumn and it felt more like the beginning of winter.  It was extremely windy and there was definitely a nip in the air.



I went to the lake to pick up some rocks for an object lesson and had a hard time staying on my feet at times.  It was funny to watch the geese try to fly and not get anywhere. 



They finally gave up and settled back down on the rocks.



The leaves are changing.



Football has started.  These little guys ran by me yesterday and were so cute!


Tennis is winding down which is a good thing because they have to bundle up in order to play.



The next few months are some of my favorite. 
 
 
 
  
I'm looking forward to the holidays and all that comes with that.
 
 
 
Of course, winter won't be far behind.  But in the meantime, I'm planning on enjoying the beauty of the fall.

 

 

Comments

  1. It looks like your daughter is settling nicely into her new school. Is she participating in different activities at this school from the other one? I don't think I recall you mentioning tennis before, I loved playing that when I was a teenager.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is much more active here, Sandy. She's never played tennis before in her life. After the first week of practice the coach moved her up to the varsity team so she's doing pretty good!

      Delete
  2. What lovely Autumn-y photos. The leaves have such colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, Terri, the pictures are beautiful. I love where you live. Fall is one of my favorite seasons to. It has been warm here. Yesterday, just as if the calendar knew it was fall, the weather changed to cool and rainy. I am enjoying it for now but hope the rain doesn't last for long.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.