I Think I Can, I Think I Can

It's been quite the adjustment being out of the house and working 4 days a week.  On top of the shop I'm juggling home, things at church and my role as Assistant Director of our districts women's group.  I have been doing okay with it all but every now and then I'll get an overwhelmed feeling in the pit of my stomach that I've bitten off more than I can chew.

But the key to all of this is keeping organized and realizing that I need to pace myself.  One of things that was looming over my head was the garden full of tomatoes that needed harvesting.  On Thursdays, I work until 7 p.m. and this past week we were supposed to get a frost.  When I got home I spent a half hour in the dusk pulling off tomatoes and basil as fast I could and also getting the butternut squash off the vines.


I'm glad I did because the next day all of the remaining basil plants were brown and shriveled.  Friday morning by 7:30 I had tomatoes roasting in the oven so that they would be done by the time I needed to leave the house.

One positive thing is that even though I'm out of the house and at the shop, I have been getting many things done there too - sewing, writing, and the details for an upcoming retreat.  Like I said, I just have to keep organized.


I think I can do all I'm doing as long as I plan my work and work my plan.  The one thing I do love about the new shop is that I'm getting to meet new people in the community and that was most certainly one of the goals.

So like the little engine that could, I keep telling myself, "I think I can!"  "I think I can!"  I may get up that hill eventually.

Comments

  1. I love the table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post reminded me of my recent experience of being in the delivery room when baby Jake was born! On the wall was a large cross stitch picture of the a little train on tracks with the saying, "I think I can, I think, I can on it! So I guess that saying can be used in many different struggles in life! Love your table runner! You are doing great at being organized and juggling everything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live