Friday, September 12, 2014

Multi-tasking


One of the things I wanted to do from the beginning with my new shop is set up an area for my sewing.  I felt that if I was going to be at the shop 4 days a week I didn't want to just sit with nothing to do while I waited for customers.  I also felt that it may generate business once people discovered I took custom sewing orders.


So I found an empty corner, set up and went to work.  And I've been loving it!  In the 3 days I've been open so far, I've been able to accomplish the following:

* Made two aprons for an order.


* Cut out 30 tea totes to start an order of 60.

* Hemmed curtains for a customer .

* Sewed 6 tissue holders.

* Sewed 20 tea totes


I'm loving the productivity and multi-tasking!    I received another order for an apron and will be starting on that as well as making some placemats.

It makes the days go by quickly and I'm getting a lot more sewing done than I did at home.