Elf


I don't seem to be doing much relaxing these days.  I love the end of summer and autumn, but it certainly makes for very busy days as I harvest and can items.  I know that when the winter rolls around, I will be so thankful for my hard work.  I always feel a wonderful sense of accomplishment as I look at the rows of canning jars on my shelves.
 
 
My back and feet aren't always so happy with me but I generally sleep better because I'm exhausted at the end of the day and fall into bed and nod off within minutes.

This week I'll be busy with 1/2 bushel of pears.  I did half the bag yesterday and need to finish those up before they go bad.



I have a bushel of apples sitting in the kitchen that need to be peeled, cut-up and made into applesauce and pies.



I have two giant heads of cabbage that I need to make into sauerkraut.


I need to bake these pumpkins and get the meat out.  I found that is the easiest way to do pumpkins.  No peeling and killing my hand, trying to get the skin off.  Cut them in half, lay them flat on a baking sheet and bake them.  The pumpkin comes right out of the shell.



I've been busy soap-making too.  This week I made almond cookie soap and this batch of ocean rain with oats.



Each Wednesday, I offer homemade bread in the shop and take orders ahead of time.  Tuesday afternoons are filled with bread baking.

 
I've made salves and sugar scrubs too for orders and for the shop.  Then when I'm there, my sewing machine keeps humming all day long, filling orders.
 
 
I'm starting to feel like one of Santa's elves! Never stop moving and keep churning out items.  Busy, busy, busy, but loving it!  :-)


Comments

  1. You're a busy girl, Terri!!! I have a pear tree and it's been full for weeks and we've been eating so many pears! YUM!!
    God bless, Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live