Numbering my Days

Psalm 90:12 (NIV) ~
 
Teach us to number our days,
    that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
 
My days often feel like they are counted out in canning jars.
 
 
In loaves of bread.

 
Or bars of soap. Or a host of other things I do in any given day.


But I don't want my life to just be about checking items off a to-do list.  Is that what really matters in this life?
 

Isn't it about relationship? Shouldn't our life be about counting out our days in kindnesses done and in the amount of moments spent connecting with others.

Lord, help me count out my days in the things that matter. 

Let me count them in the times I've helped my neighbor.  The minutes spent listening to someone share a burden.  Let me count my days by the times I stop what I'm doing and spend time just being in the moment as my children share something with me or my husband wants to chat.

Father, help me number my days not by my accomplishments but by my relationships.

I want to gain wisdom as I go through this life and not look back and see a huge list of tasks finished but with no meaning to anything I do.  I want to live each day in the moment, counting the gifts of family, friends, and blessings.


Psalm 90:12 (NIV) ~
 
Teach us to number our days,
    that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
 
It's in the counting or valuing that we gain wisdom.  Are you counting your moments today?

Comments

  1. Thanks for these words today Terri. They reminded me of an old Chris Rice song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGsEYTh2Sf8

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live