Wednesday Words of Encouragement

2 Corinthians 5:7 (NIV) ~ For we live by faith, not by sight.

This past winter was one of the longest that I can remember in a long time. As someone who really struggles with the lack of sunshine it seemed unending at times. The thing that got me through was reminding myself that spring was right around the corner.

One of the things in our lives that we can be sure of is that the seasons will change. We don't even question it. We know that spring will follow winter and that summer is next and so on. Even when it's 10 degrees out and snowing, we know that warm weather will come.

Can we say about our Christian walk? Do we live our lives by faith and not by what we see? I know that I struggle with this at times. I look at my circumstances and base my feelings and actions on what I can see.

Yet, we are called to walk in faith. To believe without a doubt that God is working above and beyond our circumstances. That He is not confined by our day to day reality. Hebrews 11:1 says, "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."

So even when you see no way out of your circumstances, live by faith. When you cannot see a light at the end of the tunnel, live by faith. When you feel like everything is crashing in, live by faith.

Living by faith is difficult to do. Yet when we get our eyes of our circumstances we will see God do wonderful things!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live