Multitude Monday: Thirst-Quencher

 
Last week was quite the rollercoaster of emotions.  We got hit with wave upon wave of trials and bad news.  A friend reminded me that we must be doing something right here that the devil doesn't like because it seemed as if we were under spiritual attack given the sheer magnitude of things going wrong all at once.
 
This morning as I read in Isaiah, the Lord reminded me that He is in control and that He is watching over us.
 
Isaiah 44:1-5 (NLT) ~
 
But now, listen to me, Jacob my servant,
    Israel my chosen one.
The Lord who made you and helps you says:
Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant,
    O dear Israel, my chosen one.
For I will pour out water to quench your thirst
    and to irrigate your parched fields.
And I will pour out my Spirit on your descendants,
    and my blessing on your children.
They will thrive like watered grass,
    like willows on a riverbank.
Some will proudly claim, ‘I belong to the Lord.’
    Others will say, ‘I am a descendant of Jacob.’
Some will write the Lord’s name on their hands
    and will take the name of Israel as their own.”
 
There are those times of dryness and barrenness and despair.  Yet the Lord promises to help us.  He is beside us.  He is watching over not only Dan & I, but our children.  He is pouring out His spirit on us and that brings comfort when things seem to be unraveling. 
 
So today, as I count my weekly blessings, I am continuing to trust Him to work through all these situations.  I have renewed hope and joy.  I am excited to see what He is going to do not only in our lives, but in our ministry here.  I'm so thankful for the drinks of spiritual water in the times of dryness that I get from spending time in His word and prayer.
 
This week I'm thankful for blessings #2251-2265.
 
2251.  Hot apple pie.
 
 
2252.  Reminders from the Lord of what is really important in my life.

2253.  Warm socks.

2254.  Walking with a friend.

2255.  Sugar cookies, straight from the oven.


2256.  Praying with my children.

2257.  Nathan got a new (used) car which will be much better in the snow for him.

2258.  A packed service yesterday.

2259.  The beauty in homespun fabrics.


2260.  Finishing up orders.

2261.  Relaxing Sunday afternoons.

2262.  The simple beauty of grapevine wreathes.


2263.  Forgiveness.

2264.  Hands lifted in worship.

and finally...

2265.  The quenching of my thirst in the barren times.

Comments

  1. Sorry you have had a bad week, Terri. You have such a positive way of seeing things, and I'm sure the Lord honours that,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the positive part is really a work in progress! ;-) Thanks, Barbara.

      Delete
  2. This is a wonderful list of blessings, Terri, after a hard week. Still praying for you all.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're going through a difficult time, Terri. Thinking of you and praying too. Hugs, Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.