Multitude Monday



November is the month when most people turn their hearts towards giving thanks.  It's a wonderful reminder that we should be grateful for the things we have in our lives instead of always looking to the negative.
 
I've been counting my list of blessings weekly for the past several years and it truly is a wonderful way to keep my focus where it should be.  I'm trying to be grateful for God's hand on my life.  In the little things and in the big things.  In the good things and the bad. 
 
Thanksgiving isn't just being thankful for the abundance of blessings but being thankful for God's hand on us even in the hard times.  And that is not easy.  But I find the hard times are the very things that cause me to grow more or cling to Jesus tighter or follow where God leads.
 
Thankfulness should permeate every single aspect of our life.  Not just in November, but all year long.  And that's why I count.
 
This week I'm thankful for blessings #2221-2240.
 
2221. The silence of the woods.
 
 
 
2222.  Time alone
 
2223.  Steaming cups of coffee.
 
2224.  The sound of locusts buzzing in the late afternoon sunshine.
 
2225.  Being industrious.
 
2226.  A vehicle with problems which causes us to take a check of our finances.
 
2227.  Making do.
 
2228.  Opportunities to show your love.
 
2229.  Huge bonfires and sitting around the flames.
 
 
2230.  Hearing what you God is doing around the world.
 
2231.  Early mornings when the house is quiet.
 
2232.  Date nights with my husband.
 
 
2233.  Seeing our church visibly growing with new people.
 
2234.  The giggling of teenage girls.
 
 
2235.  Sewing orders.
 
2236.  The power of God demonstrated in the wind and waves.
 
 
2237.  Peppermint hot chocolate
 
2238.  A husband who gives sound advice.
 
2239.  Apples, sugar and spices all mixed together in a delicious crisp.
 

and finally...

2240.  The unending counting of blessings!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live