Second Wind

 
It's funny how I can just want to throw in the towel, give up and not do one more thing and then, I'll get a second wind, renewed energy and all the things I thought were impossible to get done, happen.

That is exactly what has happened to me since Monday.  I thought, "This is it, no more baking."  Then I took a couple days off.  Yesterday, I spent the afternoon at the mall with Dan & Emily so she could get her shopping done.  It was fun and relaxing.  There was no pressure.  It was just a laid back kind of day.


And bam!  My energy is back.  So I decided to spend most of today baking our favorites.  So far this season I have made:

Cinnamon pinwheels
Peppermint chocolate crunch cookies
Swedish ginger thins
Andes mint cookies
Chocolate candy cane kiss cookies


Today will be spent making the following:

Bizcochitos
Brandy snaps
Spritz
Christmas meringues

and a variety of sweet breads to give as gifts.  Of course, I may get in the midst of all this and think, "That's enough." but it's certainly nice to have that energy back.

While we were out yesterday, I picked up groceries for Christmas eve and Christmas day and here is our menu.

Christmas Eve
Shrimp Scampi with linguini
Homemade Italian bread
Tossed salad
Strawberry cheesecake

Christmas Day
Ham
Scalloped Potatoes
Sweet potato casserole
Homemade dinner rolls
Broccoli salad
Steamed green beans
Variety of Christmas cookies

This is one of our favorite times of the year and the family looks forward to the special things that only come out at Christmas time so I'm happy that I was able to get that second wind.  So I'll be busy in my workshop aka kitchen today.

Have a blessed Christmas!

Comments

  1. Terri, glad you had a wonderful time with Dan and Emily at the mall.. You are much braver than I, to be in the stores now. Lol. Your cookies look delicious. Merry Christmas.
    Kathi in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all looks and sounds delicious! Merry Christmas! Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.