Sunday, January 25, 2015

I'm 53 and Content With Me


Today is my 53rd birthday and I'm finding myself at a place where I'm happy and content with the life the Lord has given me.

It's a good life.  I have a loving, Godly husband.  I have three children who love the Lord and are kind and compassionate to others. I enjoy caring for my family and working alongside Dan in ministry.  And it's enough. 

I no longer have the constant struggle that what I do isn't important or successful.  I am content.

This birthday finds me visiting my mother, stepfather and grandmother.  We've had a wonderful time together and I'll be sad to leave tomorrow.  My grandmother has diabetes, dementia and Alzheimer's so she's definitely different than the last time I saw her.  But she looks good.  She looks healthy.  My mother has done a wonderful job caring for her.  I'm so blessed to be able to come back in May and care for her for 7 days so my parents can get a way for a bit.

This morning I have to speak at a woman's group at church and then I'll be coming back to care for parents who came down with the stomach bug last night.  Yikes! So it's a different sort of birthday.  Not quite what I imagined.

But I'm happy.  I'm 53 and content with me!