Multitude Monday

“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”  ~ William Arthur Ward


I've been working on gratitude for the past 3 years.  It's not always easy but I've been plugging away at my list of blessings day after day.  It really does change your outlook on life.  There are many days when my heart is full from the many little blessings I see in my life.

That doesn't mean that there aren't times when my initial response is a complaint, but I quickly am able to turn that around and those initial responses are becoming less.  And for that I'm grateful.  I'm thankful for the change because my desire is to see the blessing in everything. 

Someone good naturedly called me "Pollyanna" one year.  Pollyanna was the character in the book with the same name who always looked at the bright side of things.  But I'd rather look at the bright side then continually see the negative and be critical. 

So call me Pollyanna or call me an optimist, but I choose to be thankful! :-)

This week I'm thankful for blessings 2354 - 2365.

2354.  A week of exercise.

2355.  The beauty of snow.

2356.  Warm bread.

2357.  Practicing hospitality.


2358.  A blessing in disguise.

2359.  Making our dollars stretch for the week.

2360.  A full day of sunshine on Saturday


2361.  Being able to visit one of our teens who is in the hospital.

2362.  A sweet time of prayer in church yesterday.

2363.  Fun with friends, watching football.

2364.  Hearing Stephen preach in church yesterday.

and finally.... 

2365.  Seeing the glass as full to the top!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live