No Greater Joy


Stephen has been home from college for the past 5 weeks and it's been wonderful.  Today he and Dan head back there to drop him off.  I'm really going to miss having him home.

It's been fun.  Dan has loved having someone to talk football with (they are checking scores here).  It's been wonderful to see God working in my middle son as he grows in his faith.  Seeing his spiritual maturity brings us great joy.

Some things that will happen now that he is leaving.....

* My food bill will go down.  That young man can eat!. 

* My internet bill will go up as he always forgets to check his cell phone usage.  lol

* My sunroom will be cleaner! ;-)

* I'll make more frequent trips to the post office to mail him packages.

* It will be quieter, as he is the talker out of the three of them.

* My prayer life will increase as I'm always concerned when he's away.

* A piece of my heart will be missing as it always is when my children aren't here.


Love you Stephen!
 
3 John 1:4 (NIV) ~
 
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

Comments

  1. Great pictures! My daughter was racking up a huge cell bill due to media usage; we switched her to straight talk (not endorsing them - just a fact) and for $45 a month she is very, very happy {and so is my checkbook - wink wink}.

    Have a great week!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that info, Sandy. Unfortunately, we have a contract and we all have a certain amt. of internet (non-wifi) usage each month. His issue has to do with the fact that the wifi at college cuts out quite frequently and the phone will then automatically start using the units. He doesn't always notice when that happens. Dan & I check frequently and need to send him a reminder from time to time. lol

      Delete
  2. Wow, you have men now, not boys! It always amazes me how much older my son looks whenever he comes home! Sending you Mama hugs, Terri! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post, Terri! I had tears in my eyes especially seeing the picture of Nathan and Stephen. You have raised a wonderful family you can be proud of.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always hard to say goodbye when a child goes off. I'm sure it has been such a good time for you all having him home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWW, Terry, I love this post. You are the best mama.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live